YWCA Enid will be selecting a new Executive Director. This person will be the top executive of our multi-service nonprofit focused on ending gender-based violence.
Based in Enid, OK, and operating with an annual budget of approximately $1 million, we provide life-changing services to adults, children, and families. Our next Executive Director should appreciate building relationships and fundraising for a powerful mission to eliminate racism, empower women and promote peace, justice, freedom and dignity for all.
About YWCA Enid
YWCA Enid’s programs focus on improving the daily lives of women, children, and families in Northwest Oklahoma. We do this primarily by preventing violence in the home and in our community; and eliminating oppression wherever it is found. Since the organization was founded 100 years ago, the services have continually evolved in response to community needs. We now serve more than 5,000 individuals each year, including: victims and survivors of domestic violence, sexual assault, and stalking.
Qualities and Qualifications of Executive Director Candidates
If you think you have the credentials and experience to lead YWCA Enid, please consider the following requirements and preferences we have for the position.
- Leadership: A demonstrated commitment to eliminating racism and empowering women. Experience developing strategy, forging community partnerships, leading a team, and engaging a nonprofit board of directors.
- Fundraising: A successful track record of resource development including individual gifts. Ability to foster a culture of philanthropy, engaging board and staff members as partners in fundraising.
- Communications: A compelling, strength-based communicator with excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills. Proven ability to form internal and external relationships, and to effectively represent the organization to diverse stakeholders including donors, media, partners, elected officials, and other government contacts. Comfortable with online meeting tools or willing to learn.
- Management: At least 5 years of leadership experience including: management of an organizational budget that includes complex funding streams; experience nurturing a culture of collaboration and accountability; and a demonstrated commitment to developing and supporting staff.
- Equity and Inclusion: An intersectional analysis and experience embedding diversity, equity, and inclusion within organizational culture, practices, and policies. Experience working with communities of color and awareness of the persistent disparities and injustice they face.
- Existing relationships with Enid-based organizations, donors, and other community contacts
- Awareness of community issues and the public policy landscape
- Knowledge of trauma informed practices
- Experience with direct service work
In addition, candidates for this position will be approachable, have a sense of humor, be collaborative and team-oriented, will enjoy learning, and will identify as a people person.
Compensation: Salary depending on experience, plus excellent benefits.
How to Apply:
Only emailed resumes/cover letters will be accepted. Apply to Jarretta Huckins, Board Chair, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Click to see a complete job description: YWCA ED Job Description 8.2020