Women come to us in times of crisis, as survivors of rape or domestic violence. We work to help them become independent. They leave more confident with a renewed spirit, new skills and stronger lives
YWCA Crisis Center Services
Toll Free: 800-966-7644
This hotline offers crisis intervention, information, referrals, and safety planning for callers. All calls are confidential and callers can remain anonymous.
YWCA Enid Crisis Center Shelter is a facility that is a safe haven for victims of domestic violence, sexual assault, stalking, and their dependent children. The Crisis Center provides a safe, clean room with access to food, clothing and personal care items.
YWCA Enid offers groups and individual counseling for victims of traumatic events with certified counselors onsite. Child trauma counseling is available as well.
YWCA Advocates assist with obtaining court orders, protective orders, and other legal issues. They are available to accompany victims to court hearings for advocacy and emotional support.
Domestic Violence and its effects:
- Every 9 seconds in the US a woman is assaulted or beaten.
- 1 in 3 women and 1 in 4 men have been phhysically abused by an intimate partner.
- 1 in 7 women and 1 in 18 men have been stalked. Stalking causes the victim to fear that s/he or someone close to her/him will be harmed or killed.
- The presence of a gun in a domestic violence situation increases the risk of homicide by 500%.
- Domestic violence accounts for 15% of all violent crime.
- Domestic violence is most common among women between the ages of 18-24.
- Domestic victimization is correlated with a higher rate of depression and suicidal behavior.
- Only 34% of people who are injured by intimate partners receive medical care for their injuries.